SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
Headingley Pre-School are committed to ensuring that our setting is fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children. Headingley Pre-School provides an environment in which all children with special educational needs (SEN) are supported to reach their full potential by ensuring we:-
• Comply with Special Educational Needsand Disability Code of Practice (2014).
• Have in place a clear approach for identifying, responding to, and meeting children’s SEND .
• Support and involve parents, children, actively listening to, and acting on their wishes and concerns.
• Headingley Pre-Schoolwork in partnership with the local authority and other external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEN and their families.
• Headingley Pre-School regularly monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments. We designate a member of staff at each site to be the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO). Our SENCOs currently are :
• Ellen McCartney – Wood Lane
• Sharon Hargreaves – Burton Crescent
The SENCO’s work closely with our Charity Manager Clare Bligh , your child’s Key Person, other Proffessionals including the Special Educational Inclusion Team (LCC) and parents and carers. They have the responsibility for co-ordinating the provision for children with SEND at our Preschool’s .