SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
Leeds Early Years Association is committed to ensuring that our settings are fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children. We provide an environment in which all children with special educational needs and disabilities(SEND) are supported to reach their full potential by ensuring we:-
• Comply with Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014).
• Have in place a clear approach for identifying, responding to, and meeting children’s SEND .
• Support and involve parents, children, actively listening to, and acting on their wishes and concerns.
• Leeds Early Years Association works in partnership with the local authority and other external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEN and their families.
• Headingley Pre-School regularly monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments. We designate a member of staff at each site to be the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO). Our SENCOs currently are :
• Ellen McCartney – Headingley Preschool
• Sharon Hargreaves – Meanwood Valley Preschool
The SENCOs work closely with our Charity Manager Clare Bligh , your child’s Key Person, other Professionals including the Special Educational Inclusion Team (LCC) and parents and carers. They have the responsibility for co-ordinating the provision for children with SEND at our Preschools .