Special Educational Needs and Disability
SENCO – Sharon Hargreaves
Leeds Early Years Association is committed to ensuring that our settings are fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children. We provide an environment in which all children with special educational needs and disabilities(SEND) are supported to reach their full potential by ensuring we:-
• Comply with Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014).
• Have in place a clear approach for identifying, responding to, and meeting children’s SEND .
• Support and involve parents, children, actively listening to, and acting on their wishes and concerns.
• Leeds Early Years Association works in partnership with the local authority and other external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEN and their families.
• Leeds Early Years Association regularly monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments.
The Leeds Early Years Association’s SENCO Sharon Hargreaves is responsible for the SEND provision at both our Preschools. She works closely with Parents and Carers, site Managers and Leaders , a range of professionals and her colleagues.