Dear parents and carers
Spring looks like it has finally arrived! So, we have taken full advantage of playing outside in the wonderful sunshiny weather.
This half term’s planning is on the information board outside. As usual we are following the seasons of the year and enjoying watching the changes in the preschool and wider environment.
We are focusing on independent learning across the setting. It would therefore be great if you could follow this up at home in your own way. Things we will be encouraging at preschool :-
- Putting on coats and aprons and putting them away in the right place
- Self selecting resources: looking for the things/tools they need for their task
- Tidy up time. Helping to put away the things they have played with or that they have used at snack time.
- Thinking creatively and critically when making things with various tools and materials, again looking for and finding where things are
- Asking questions and using language to explain and describe.
Please remember that the children need a healthy lunch box. So no fizzy drinks or sweets please. You also need to provide your child with a drink in their lunch box. Please remember no plastic bags are allowed in preschool for health and safety reasons.
I recently sent out an information letter about nutritious lunches. If you haven’t received this letter there is a copy on the window or you can pick up a copy from Michele when dropping off or picking up .
Picking up time
It is extremely important that you pick up on time. So please make sure you arrive to pick up the children by 12.00 and 3.00. We have begun invoicing parents who do not pick up on time at a rate of £5 per 15 minutes that you are late.
Book Week 25 – 29 April
Shire oak primary school are celebrating reading by having book week so we thought we would join in the fun. During the week we will be reading lots of traditional tales and planting some beans to grow into a (hopefully) GIANT beanstalk!
Bags and Clothes
We are struggling to accommodate all the bags at preschool. If your child needs a bag for nappies etc please only bring it on the days they attend. If you only bring a bag for spare clothes, just pop the clothes straight into their tray. Thank you
We are going to make some wonderful daffodils and tulips to decorate the room with. So please bring in any egg boxes for recycling at preschool!
These delicious little biscuits make a great alternative to chocolate at Easter time.
100g caster sugar
Half a lemon rind and juice
Half a teaspoon of mixed spice
200g plain flour
1tbsp caster sugar
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the lemon rind and juice, mixed spice and egg yolk.
- Add the flour and currants and mix into a stiff dough.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until 5mm/¼” thick.
- Cut into circles or shapes and place these on an oiled baking tray.
- Gather together the off cuts and re roll to make further biscuits.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 10/12 minutes.
- Carefully remove the biscuits and brush with egg white.
- Using fingers sprinkle the spoonful of sugar over the tops of the biscuits.
- Return the biscuits to the oven for a further 3/5 minutes.
Temperature & cooking time:
Oven 200°C/Fan180C/400°F/Gas 6 for10/12 minutes then 3/5 minutes
Enjoy! Send us a picture if you make them!
Preschool will be closed
- Easter Friday (25th March)
- Easter Monday (28th March)
- Easter holidays break up Friday 1st April, return 18th April.
- Training day 6th June all day
01132 30 40 35
Contact details for individual staff are available outside in the information board