Leeds Early Years Association
Our rapidly developing charity wants to be at the forefront of Early Years education, Training, consultancy and research.
We currently have two EY settings in north Leeds – Headingley Preschool and Meanwood Valley Prechool. The preschools share the same cultures and values, providing quality, affordable early years education to families in our communities, since 1981. Judged OFSTED Outstanding twice in as many years, we are passionate about sharing our knowledge and expertise with the wider EY community by developing the ‘Association’ aspect of our organisation.
Currently we have informal partnerships with Early Excellence , Leeds Becketts University and Trinity University. We are heavily involved in the research project – Ensuring the inclusion of refugee and immigrant children in education
Our plans for 2020 and beyond include
- Consultancy and bespoke training at your setting
- Best practice guides and training
- A city wide network of EY excellence
- Hosting best practice days, EY awards ceremonies and Seminars
Finalising and publishing our EY Pedagogy with a view to sharing with the Early Years sector
We are passionate about Early Years professionalism and want to have a direct impact on:-
- Fair pay – the gender debate
- Research and recognition of the profession
- Fairer funding – central government
- Ensuring the inclusion of refugee and immigrant children in education
Join us! Become a Leeds early Years Association associate