Special Educational Needs and Disability
SENCO – Sharon Hargreaves
The Leeds Early Years Association’s SENCO Sharon Hargreaves is responsible for the SEND provision at both our Preschools. She works closely with Parents and Carers, site Managers and Leaders , a range of professionals and her colleagues
What We Do
Leeds Early Years Association is committed to ensuring that our settings are fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children. We provide an environment in which all children with special educational needs and disabilities(SEND) are supported to reach their full potential by ensuring we:-
• Comply with Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014).
• Have in place a clear approach for identifying, responding to, and meeting children’s SEND .
• Support and involve parents, children, actively listening to, and acting on their wishes and concerns.
• Leeds Early Years Association works in partnership with the local authority and other external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEN and their families.
• Leeds Early Years Association regularly monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and, if necessary, make adjustments.
As a parent of a child with SEND I feel I have a good understanding of the difficulties parents and children face on a daily basis. Good support can help make such a difference. Unfortunately this support isn’t always available or some parents find it difficult to access. I feel that across our settings with the experience of our different practitioners we can continue developing a great support network for parents and children. This goes for all families not just those with SEND. Through working closely with other professionals and families I would hope to build on our reputation. I know we have OFSTED outstanding but there is a great deal to be said for parental recommendations too.